NCEA Level 2 History
Teacher in Charge: Ms F. Dausabea
Qualification: NCEA Level 2 Achievement Standards – This subject provides you with the opportunity to gain credits towards the National Certificate of Educational Achievement.
Entry is open for this subject. Where limited places are available, students’ grades from the previous year will be considered for prioritising entry.
· Students learn to plan and carry out an inquiry of a historical event, or place, of significance to New Zealanders.
· Students learn to examine an historical event, or place, of significance to New Zealanders.
· Students learn to read, analyse and interpret historical sources.
· Students learn more about the different perspectives of people in an historical event in a given time period.
· Students learn to examine the causes and consequences of a historical event.
· Students learn more about how a significant historical event affected New Zealand society.
This course leads to: Level 3 History NCEA Level 3 and University Courses requiring NCEA Level 3 Qualifications.
Vocational Pathways: Social and Community Services and Creative Industries
Air Force, Librarian, Anthropologist, Archaeologist, Archivist, Art Historian, Barrister, Bookseller, Careers Counsellor, Community Worker, Copy-writer, Corporate/Government Lawyer, Criminologist, Curator- Art Gallery/Museum, Diplomatic Officer, Economist, Editor, Employment Advisor, Geographer, Historian, Journalist, Judge, Legal Executive, Library Assistant, Minister of Religion, Policy Analyst, Political Scientist, Press Secretary, Prison-Education Co-ordinator, Probation Officer, Recreation Administrator, Social Worker, Sociologist, Solicitor, Sub-Editor, Union Organiser, Primary or Secondary School Teacher.
Excursions: There are two excursions in the Level 2 History program. Excursions will attract student contribution which will be covered if students have paid their activity fee in full.
- If outside providers are used for assessments, these are noted on this form along with the provider code.
- *These Achievement Standards will be offered for Extension Students.
Total Credits Available: 23 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.