NCEA Level 1 History
Teacher in Charge: Ms F. Dausabea
Qualification: NCEA Level 1 Achievement Standards – This subject provides you with the opportunity to gain credits towards the National Certificate of Educational Achievement.
Entry Requirement: Entry is open for this subject. Where limited places are available in Level 1 History, student’s marks from the previous year will be considered for prioritising entry.
- Students learn more about identifying, selecting, organising, recording and evaluating information in their topic of research
- Students demonstrate understanding of an historical event, or place of significance.
- Students learn to read, analyse and interpret historical sources.
- Students learn about the different perspectives of people in a given time period.
- Students learn to describe the cause(s), course(s) and consequence (s) of an historical event.
- Students learn about how a significant historical event affected New Zealand society.
This course leads to: Level 2 History NCEA Level 2, Level 3 History NCEA Level 3 and University courses requiring NCEA Level 3 Qualifications.
Vocational Pathways: Service Industries, Social and Community Services and Creative Industries.
Air Force, Librarian, Anthropologist, Archaeologist, Archivist, Art Historian, Barrister, Bookseller, Careers Counsellor, Community Worker, Copy-writer, Corporate/Government Lawyer, Criminologist, Curator- Art Gallery/Museum, Diplomatic Officer, Economist, Editor, Employment Advisor, Geographer, Historian, Journalist, Judge, Legal Executive, Library Assistant, Minister of Religion, Policy Analyst, Political Scientist, Press Secretary, Prison-Education Co-ordinator, Probation Officer, Recreation Administrator, Social Worker, Sociologist, Solicitor, Sub-Editor, Union Organiser, Primary or Secondary School Teacher etc.
Excursions: There are two excursions in the Level 1 History program. Excursions will attract student contribution which will be covered if students have paid their activity fee in full.
- If outside providers are used for assessments, these are noted on this form along with the provider code.
- *These Achievement Standards will be offered to Extension students.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.