NCEA Level 2 Visual Art
Teacher in Charge: Mr G. Arnold
Qualification: Contributes to NCEA Level 3
Course Description: Students will:
- Plan a course of 20-22 credits from the available standards below. Students may complete all assessments.
- Select a theme of personal interest and relevance and draw influence and inspiration from selected NZ and/or International artists of note.
- Prepare a two panel portfolio at Level 2 or 3 panels at Level 3 of their own artwork to submit for the external Achievement Standard.
- Prepare one workbook of original drawings for internal assessment.
- Develop composition skills so that they can compose original pieces of artwork on their own.
- Develop skills in composition, drawing and painting.
- Develop skills in identifying features in the works of New Zealand and International artists of different periods.
- Study different New Zealand and International art movements from different eras and describe visual elements and motifs of each and incorporate them into the student’s own work
- Preference given to students who have successfully completed L1 Visual Art
- L2 Painting is a pre-requisite for a 3 panel L3 Painting course
- Students will have ideally taken either digital or visual art as a year 10 option.
This course leads to: NCEA Level 3, Tertiary studies.
Vocational Pathways: Assessments contribute to these vocational pathways: Service Industries and Creative Industries
Cost: Standard NZQA fees apply only and any costs for extracurricular activities such as gallery trip attendance. There is a $25 course charge to cover workbook and portfolio expenses. Students will need to have their own graphic materials. Having access to on-line resources will be an advantage.