NCEA Level 2 Accounting
Teacher in Charge: Mr S. Aruwa
Qualification: NCEA Level 2
Entry Requirement: Level 1 Accounting, basic literacy and numeracy
Course Description: Level 2 Accounting expands and consolidates introductory accounting concepts and recording and financial statements preparation skills taught in Level 1. It prepares students to make wise financial decisions by budgeting, allocating resources wisely and making informed reviews, when actual expenditures differ from budget. It gives students the skills to interpret financial statements
This course leads to: NCEA Level 3 Accounting
Vocational Pathways: Accounting leads to jobs in the following professions:
- Financial Accountant
- Accounting Technician, Payroll Manager
- Auditing and Cost Accounting
- Management Accounting and Taxation Accountant
- Public Accountant
- Financial Consultancy
- A host of other jobs in the financial services sector
- AS91177 (2.4) will be done depending on progress and time availability
Special Costs: Learning Workbook costs apply.
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.