NCEA Level 1 Visual Art
Teacher in Charge: Mr G. Arnold
Qualification: Contributes to NCEA Level 1
Course Description: Students will:
- Plan a course of 16-20 credits.
- Prepare a two panel portfolio of their own artwork to submit for the external Achievement Standard.
- Prepare one workbook of original drawings for internal assessment.
- Develop composition skills so that they can compose original pieces of artwork on their own and as a collaborative effort.
- Develop skills in composition, drawing and painting.
- Develop skills in identifying features in the works of New Zealand artists of different periods.
- Study different New Zealand art movements from different eras and describe visual elements and motifs of each.
- Students will have successfully completed Year 9 Core Art.
- Students will have ideally taken either digital or visual art as a year 10 option.
This course leads to: NCEA Level 2, NCEA Level 3, Tertiary studies.
Vocational Pathways: Creative Industries
Cost: Standard NZQA fees apply only and any costs for extracurricular activities such as gallery trip attendance. There is a $25 course charge to cover workbook and portfolio expenses. Students will need to have their own graphic materials. Having access to on-line resources will be an advantage.
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.